Happy New Year!! Did you forget about your skin when making those New Year’s resolutions?
Don’t worry… we got you!
Let the pros at Veritas Backstage help inspire you by sharing some of their insider beauty knowledge- including services, regimes, and Bioactives products that you can use year-round in order to look your best in 2018.
As you all know, we offer several varied beauty treatments at Veritas Backstage. Here are some services you can take advantage of to get your skin looking its best for 2018.
For this procedure, the Veritas technician will use a product called Global Appeal, which refines the skin and provides tightening, followed by a procedure called dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning uses a scalpel to scrape off the top layer of dead skin cells present on the skin. This technique is also great at removing those fine unwanted “peach fuzzy” hairs from the skin as well as smoothing the outermost layer of dead skin cells. The Flash Facial finishes out with an application of either the C3 Peptide Complex or the Skin Brightening Complex.
The result primes skin to be a perfect canvas for the application of makeup. People often report seeing an “airbrushed effect” and that their skin is noticeably more radiant and hydrated.
There are 3 easy steps to the Fraxel laser treatment at Veritas Backstage:
1st Step: Your technician will cleanse your skin with our Sulfate-Free Cleanser. This cleanser is free of harmful sodium-laurel sulfates and contains salicylic acid, which gently purifies the skin without over-stripping it.
2nd Step: A strong topical numbing anesthetic is then applied to your face. We recommend bringing a book, some music, or another activity while you wait for it to set in- it will take about an hour.
3rd Step: We then use the Fraxel laser which will regenerate new healthy tissue.
This procedure jumpstarts the body’s natural ability to heal while creating new collagen. Collagen is important because it is responsible for maintaining the skin’s elasticity, which gives it an overall firmer and healthier appearance. With each Fraxel treatment, you can expect ~18-20% correction, depending on your skin condition(s). Please note that it will take 3 or more treatments to achieve full correction.
The Fraxel is best at:
- Treating fine superficial wrinkles that you can see at rest (when your face is completely relaxed).
- Reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- Eliminating brown spots/pigmentation (also called “hyperpigmentation”). Please note that if you’re using Fraxel laser treatments to combat this issue that we recommend prepping your skin for 2-4 weeks with two products: The first being our Brightening Complex and the second being the C3 Peptide Complex. The former will inihibit the body’s ability to produce melanin, which is the cause of brown skin pigmentation; the latter provides intense hydration to the skin by utilizing gene-influencing peptides to boost collagen production and generation. Using these products 2-4 weeks prior to your treatment allows Veritas staff to be more assertive in their approach during the procedure and will ultimately lead to better overall results.
Want to know more about the Fraxel laser? Check out our post “The Fraxel Laser: An Explanation and Demonstration” where owner Devon walks us through an entire Fraxel treatment while it’s happening live!
This facial peel is fantastic for healing skin with extensive damage. It is a medium-depth paraben-free peel that combats static signs of aging, targets clogged pores, and is great for all skin types.
There are two natural botanicals in this peel that provide a calming and healing effect on the skin after exfoliation:
- Morinda Citrifolia (also called Noni Fruit Extract) is an antioxidant that is rich in flavonoids and essential fatty acids. It acts as an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and prevents dry skin. This botanical also accelerates the skin’s ability to heal.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides (most commonly known as Sea Buckthorn Extract) contains a high content of Omega 7 fatty acids which largely contribute to enhancing cell regeneration and promoting healing.
This procedure peels back rough, dry, troublesome layers of skin and combats hyperpigmentation as well as uneven skin texture.
It is vitally important to exfoliate all year round, especially in the fall and winter months when our skin is most susceptible to being chapped and dry.
When the sun starts to wane at the end of the summer months, there are less UV rays to worry about. But that doesn’t mean we should forget about them entirely! UV rays are usual suspects when it comes to signs of aging- including wrinkles, loss of brightness, and skin discoloration. They are present all year round!
Beauty Tip From Vanadia
Be sure to exfoliate areas that are often neglected, such as the lips.
Vanadia recommends using the Pore Perfecting Polish mixed with some coconut oil- or your favorite chemical free chapstick and a makeup wand with brissels- while watching your favorite TV show to achieve smoother skin. Devon attests to this technique. She says that you can really feel the benefits of this regime when applying makeup. She notes that this benefit is felt even more when wearing darker lipsticks.
Apart from the other products mentioned in this article, here are a couple that are worth mentioning.
This luxurious crème combats a vast array of skin conditions caused by sun damage and premature signs of aging. Its abundant with some of the best active ingredients available and works great on all skin types including dry, mature, and/or sensitive skin. Apply twice daily to the face and neck area to turn back the hands of time!
We’ll say it once and we’ll say it until we’re blue in the face: Use sunscreen daily! Yes, even when the sun isn’t out- harmful UV rays are still present on overcast days (in some cases, even more so!)- and yes, everywhere- not just your face!
Be sure to apply consistently to any area exposed to the sun on a daily basis- your hands, for example, which are exposed to the sun when you’re driving. Dr. Calvo believes that too much application of sunscreen, however, has the ability to harm our body’s ability to make Vitamin D. For this reason, we recommend a 10am-3pm window for applying sunscreen everyday.
Questions? Just Ask!
We love to help our clients feel beautiful. It’s not only our job, but something that is important to us. Please feel free to reach out to us either by phone at (800) 954-7590, by email (email@example.com), or by scheduling a consultation so we can meet you in person! Let us help you reach your 2018 beauty goals.