Knee – ACL Injuries​ in Austin, Texas

Lip Injections in Austin, TX at Veritas Backstage
Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates & discounts

ACL Injuries

The ACL runs diagonally across the middle of the knee, keeping the tibia from sliding in front of the femur. It also offers rotational stability for the knee. The cruciate ligaments sit inside of the knee joint and cross over each other, helping control back and forth motion of the knee.

ACL injuries are most common in high-risk sports such as basketball, football, soccer, and skiing. Approximately 50% of ACL injuries occur in conjunction with other knee injuries, such as a torn meniscus or other ligaments.

Causes

An average of 70% of ACL injuries are caused by non-contact movements, such as fast deceleration, twisting, cutting, side-stepping or pivoting in sports. The other 30% result from direct trauma to the knee from another person or object. The ACL can tear partially or rupture completely.

Symptoms

Immediately after the injury, patients typically experience pain, swelling, and instability of the knee. In a few hours post-injury, there is often substantial knee swelling, loss of range of motion, pain along the joint and difficulty walking.

Treatment

  • Immediately after the injury, patients typically experience pain, swelling, and instability of the knee. In a few hours post-injury, there is often substantial knee swelling, loss of range of motion, pain along the joint and difficulty walking.

Whats Happening

**Results may vary. Backstage Spa & Wellness Institute is reputable for complete customer satisfaction for completed treatments. Unless otherwise noted, testimonials provided for Backstage Spa & Wellness Institute are clients of Backstage Spa & Wellness Institute who have undergone complete treatment(s.) However, results may vary per client. No treatment is promised to provide permanent results. A guarantee is neither provided nor implied. Read our full disclaimer here.

Close Menu
Close